1975 Adventure/Suspense/Action Rated PG 124 Minutes
|In Theaters||June 20, 1975|
|On 4K UHD||June 2, 2020|
|On Blu-ray||August 14, 2012|
|On DVD||October 27, 1998|
Directed by Academy Award® winner Steven Spielberg, Jaws set the standard for edge-of-your-seat suspense, quickly becoming a cultural phenomenon and forever changing the movie industry. When the seaside community of Amity finds itself under attack by a dangerous great white shark, the town’s chief of police (Roy Scheider), a young marine biologist (Richard Dreyfuss) and a grizzled shark hunter (Robert Shaw) embark on a desperate quest to destroy the beast before it strikes again. Featuring an unforgettable score that evokes pure terror, Jaws remains one of the most influential and gripping adventures in motion picture history.
Box office gross: $260.0 million.
Released by Universal. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- Review: Did '47 Meters Down: Uncaged' jump the shark?
- Review: 'Transporter 3' delivers on 4K UHD
- Review: Shark Week celebrates 30 years of 'Sharktacular Adventures'
- Review: The world will not end if you skip 'Doomsday Device'
- Review: '47 Meters Down' dumbs down the shark genre
- Review: 'E.T.' comes home on a beautiful 4K UHD Blu-ray